A. Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office
INDIVIDUAL MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (IMAP)
Under this PCSO program, medical assistance is given to individual patients through the issuance of guarantee letters to hospitals where the patients are confined. A guarantee letter is a certification issued to hospitals for a particular charity patient under the PCSO medical assistance program where the agency assumes the obligation of settling the cost of hospitalization, including the medicines, medical, surgical or blood supplies, and diagnostic procedures.
- General : Restoration of social functioning (Physical recovery) through medical assistance
- Specific : Provide assistance for hospitalization expenses, laboratory procedures and purchase of medicines, chemo drugs, dialysis solutions, antibiotics, implants, devices and other medical need.
- Letter Request to Chairman/General Manager
- Medical Abstract
- Treatment Protocol
- Bill/Quotation/Costing from Hospital Pharmacy/Supplies -
- Laboratory Request/Medicine Prescription
- Histopathology Result
- Endorsement/Acceptance letter from Hospital Social Services/Credit Collection Office – Barangay DSWD endorsement
Request your doctor to assist you on the Medical Abstract, Treatment Protocol, Medicine Prescription, Radiotherapy Needs. Always have a copy of your histopathology results – keep one file for your files.
Cueing at the PCSO requires early arrival (5 am) and much patience.
PCS also refers patients in need to PCSO for assistance.
Incorporated in 2005, the Cancer Resource and Wellness (Carewell) Community is a nonprofit foundation that provides support, education, and hope to persons with cancer and their loved ones. Carewell was envisioned by the late Jessica ‘Jackie’ Fernandez-Suntay, and her husband, Robert ‘Bobbit’ Suntay. Their commitment to establishing Carewell was inspired by their experiences at The Wellness Community (TWC).
Headquartered in the US, TWC is the largest international, community-based psychosocial support organization that provides free resources and services to persons living with cancer.
Details on support can be seen at http://www.carewellcommunity.org/resources.cmc. The address and contact in the Philippines:
6th Floor, S & L Building dela Rosa
Corner Esteban Streets Legaspi Village,
Makati City 1200 Philippines